Top Cat: Hawaii Here We Come

Image result for Top Cat: Hawaii Here We ComeTop Cat: Hawaii Here We Come
ABC
September 27, 1961
Cartoon, Sitcom
DVD
B-

Regular cast:

  • Leo DeLyon as Spook and Brain
  • Maurice Gosfeld (who was Doberman on The Phil Silvers Show) as Benny the Ball
  • Allen Jenkins as Officer Dibble
  • Marvin Kaplan as Choo Choo
  • Don Messick here as Boarding Representative and Crook
  • Arnold Stang as Top Cat
  • John Stephenson as Fancy Fancy, Sergeant, Captain, and Purser
This is sort of Bilko, if Bilko were a New York alley cat.  I found this first episode (to air) funny if incredibly implausible, even by cartoon standards.  What is the episode title?  Right, and now where is this set?  So they're taking a boat from the East Coast to the Pacific?  And a police officer runs onto the boat and now he has to stay for this long voyage?  Not to mention that in the first shot of a counterfeit $5 bill, it clearly says "8" in the middle.  Anyway, I've been trying to figure out when I first saw this series, and I think it was just one of those '60s series that were around for '70s kids to watch, although I don't think I was a preschooler but more like a preteen, because I swear I knew that Stang was doing a Phil Silvers imitation and I probably recognized Kaplan from Alice.

Kin Platt wrote this and it looks like all but one of the episodes.  Barbera and Hanna directed.

Comments

Popular Posts