The Three Stooges: Brideless Groom

Image result for The Three Stooges: Brideless Groom
Courtship
The Three Stooges: Brideless Groom
Aired either on ABC and/or syndication
Original release date September 11, 1947
Comedy
DVD
D+

This short was later sold to television and it's shelved under TV at my library, but I'm putting the original theatrical release date, since it somewhat reflects its time, especially with women's fashion.  Shemp is the unappealing title character whose appeal increases when he stands to inherit a fortune if he marries ASAP.  I realize this is an odd criticism to make of the Stooges, but this one is way too violent, especially women's violence towards men.  I did like the "giving the bird" line that got past the censor but otherwise I'd rather watch one of their relatively intelligent shorts from the Curly days.

Comments

Popular Posts