30 Rock: The Fabian Strategy

Image result for 30 Rock: The Fabian Strategy
The episode teaches us that, well, love is a battlefield.
30 Rock: The Fabian Strategy
NBC
September 23, 2010
Sitcom
DVD
C-

Back when I wrote about the first four seasons of 30 Rock on my previous blog, I imagined that I would analyze the decline of its last three seasons on this blog.  But after going through almost 1000 episodes of different shows I don't own, of varying quality, I just don't have the interest or energy.  Suffice to say, this fifth-season-premiere made it hard to keep watching when I was getting the series from the library before, although I did slowly make my way through those three seasons, sometimes having to take a break of a few days.  This isn't even the worst episode, although I did take it down a full grade, from B-, for the "marital rape" joke involving one of my until then favorite characters, Pete.  It's not graphic but it is disturbing, and totally gratuitous because Pete's carefree joy certainly could've been conveyed in other ways than him "making love" to his wife in her sleep.  I don't remember if it was in the fifth or sixth season that Jenna was in a "torture" movie, but going for unfunny shock value was not what I signed on for.  Note that this episode not only had a female director (who did 22 episodes) but was also written by alleged feminist Fey herself.

Comments

Popular Posts