Battlestar Galactica [Miniseries]

Image result for Battlestar Galactica [Miniseries]
And I thought that Sewer King
episode of Batman was creepy!
Battlestar Galactica [Miniseries]
Sci Fi Channel*
December 8, 2003
Sci-Fi
DVD
F


Wow!  Let me just quote from my Facebook post to show the depth of my reaction:
"I never despised, loathed, and hated a television show as much as I did the first half hour of "Battlestar Galactica."  Every character grated on me, I abhor the way kissing and sex are presented, one character speaks in monotones, another is like a charisma-less Kate McKinnon, and many of the others (regardless of age) act like they're auditioning for a teenage soap opera that emphasizes angst and un-clever snark. Oh, and a baby apparently has its neck broken!! (Offscreen but still.) I never watched the '70s version but that has no bearing on this. On the blog for TV shows I own, I reluctantly gave out some F+s. This gets an F only because the (presumably Northwest) scenery was too lovely for an F-."

The scenery is Vancouver, BC by the way.  But, yeah, I could only stomach the first half hour, ranting all through it.  This is the miniseries that launched the regular series.  And, yes, my apologies to Babylon 5 and even Alphas.

*The Sci Fi Channel became Sy Fy, but this was the name at that time.

Comments

Popular Posts