Birds of Prey: Devil's Eyes

Image result for Birds of Prey: Devil's EyesBirds of Prey: Devil's Eyes
The WB
February 19, 2003
Action
DVD
B-

Armus & Rosenberg wrote the story for the finale, which a new to the show writer turned into a teleplay.  It wraps things up fairly well, although the whole Wade as the love of Barbara's life thing continues to feel forced.  I really wish that, as intriguing as Huntress's arc is, that both Barbara and Dinah's characters had been developed better.  Robert J. Wilson is the final one-shot director.

While I enjoyed this series more than I expected, given its genre and era, I do feel that it didn't live up to its potential.  The grades range from C to B, averaging out to just slightly on the C+ side of the C+/B- border.  I believe that the writing was primarily at fault, although apparently network interference didn't help.  I wish that if Harley Quinn was going to be "the big bad" (Barbara's lampshading phrase) that there weren't whole episodes with unrelated criminals.  It would've been interesting to see what they could've done with another season or more, but as it stands, I will marginally recommend it.

Comments

Popular Posts