3rd Rock from the Sun: Dr. Solomon's Traveling Alien Show

Image result for 3rd Rock from the Sun: Dr. Solomon's Traveling Alien Show3rd Rock from the Sun: Dr. Solomon's Traveling Alien Show
NBC
September 23, 1998
Sitcom
DVD
C-

Well, here's an inauspicious start to the project, but, yes, this means I don't have to continue with this series.  The first three seasons were checked out, so here we are with the fourth-season-opener.  I knew the basic premise of the series, and the narration at the start of this episode explains that the character of Harry is missing and the other aliens, and friends, are trying to find him.  It appears he's joined the circus as a freak.  I didn't find anything funny here, and at times I felt sorry for Jane Curtin, but I guess the episode isn't painful, other than the hyper laugh track.  (I refuse to believe that's a studio audience.)  I almost went with a D+ but the opening credit sequence and the interstitials between scenes, with the planet animation, are well done, although I bet they got old like the "groovy" interstitials on That '70s Show.*  Note that I'm doing minimal tagging at this point, until I know who we'll be seeing again, something that I could somewhat predict with the blog about TV shows I own.

*Not a show I'll likely review, but I did once own the first four seasons, until I got so fed up with the series that I got rid of all the DVDs.

Comments

Popular Posts