Adventure Time: Incendium

Image result for Adventure Time: IncendiumAdventure Time: Incendium
Cartoon Network
February 13, 2012
Cartoon
DVD
B-

In this season-closer by Ward, Banker, McHale, Muto, Osborne, and Sugar, Finn is miserable over his unrequited love for Princess Bubblegum, so Jake sets out to find Finn a princess closer to his age.  (Why it has to be a princess, I don't know.)  Jake meets the Flame Princess (voiced by newbie Jessica DiCicco, who would return and who also plays some nameless Flame People).  She turns out to be beautiful and dangerous, so of course Finn develops a crush.  My favorite thing here is the murmurings of the crowd, like that an awesome prince is the best kind of prince.  Oh, and Jake's song.

Keith David, who among other things was marvelous as Dr. Facilier in the 2009 Disney version of The Princess and the Frog, here debuts as Flame King.  And Tom Kenny voices the "youse guys" accented Flambo, Flame Jester, and some Flame People.

Adventure Time in Season Three ranges from C to B+, with exactly half of the twenty-six episodes getting B-s, so the average of B- is not at all surprising.  I'm still getting my bearings with this series, and starting somewhere in the middle doesn't help.  I definitely like it, but I don't love it like I hoped in the beginning.  Still, I will be continuing on with Season Four....

Comments

Popular Posts