Introduction

Yes, another blog, but this time with a difference.  Instead of reviewing items I own, I will review items I don't own, specifically television shows that are primarily from my local library.  This obviously introduces an element of serendipity to the project.  If it's not on the shelf, I'm not taking it home, that day or ever.  Here are my self-imposed rules:

  1. I will be going "alphabetically," in the sense that this is how my library alphabetizes the series, and if 3rd Rock from the Sun is a "number" and 30 Rock is a T, too bad;
  2. If a show, or a particular season of a show, is not in, or maybe isn't even owned by this branch, then too bad;
  3. I must watch at a minimum the first episode on the disc, a time investment of from 20 to 120 minutes;
  4. If I give a C or lower, I am not obligated to continue with that series, and I am free to quit at any later time;
  5. Yes, TV-movies count as TV shows;
  6. "YA" and "Child" TV shows that happen to be shelved under "YA" or "Child" count as TV shows;
  7. "International" TV shows count as TV shows and will be watched in "alphabetical" order, whether that's in the original language or the English translation;
  8. I'm avoiding "Nonfiction" because I don't want to distinguish between documentaries that are made for home video/DVD or theatrical releases, vs. something made for, say, the History Channel or PBS;
  9. If a documentary did, however, get categorized as "TV," then I'll watch it;
  10. If a friend has a TV show that fits in alphabetically at a certain point, I may borrow it;
  11. I'll probably do less binge-watching, due to the unpredictable nature of this project, unless I happen upon a series that I really like, and I have absolutely no idea how long this project will take, but, yes, I suppose I could do movies I don't own next.  (Books would take forever.)
Image result for library dvd collection
Not my library

Comments

Popular Posts