Outlander: Sassenach

Image result for Outlander: Sassenach
Outlander: Sassenach
Starz
August 9, 2014
Fantasy, Historical Drama, Romance
DVD
C

I was ambivalent about this first episode of the still-running series, so I watched the full hour or so.  While I like the main character, a 1940s married nurse, and the set-up, her magically being sent back 200 years, as well as of course the lovely Scottish scenery, there was too much graphic medicine and threats of rape for my squeamishness.  This series is of course based on the very popular Diana Gabaldon books. 

John Dahl directed.  James Fleet by the way, who's Reverend Wakefield here and who I best know for his role as John Dashwood in Emma Thompson's Sense & Sensibility, was in another of the shows I watched for this project, but I'm not sure.  Maybe Frenchman's Creek if he showed up early enough.

Comments

Popular Posts