Power Rangers Ninja Storm: Prelude to a Storm

Image result for Power Rangers Ninja Storm: Prelude to a Storm
Power Rangers Ninja Storm: Prelude to a Storm
ABC Kids
February 15, 2003
Sci-Fi, Children's
DVD
C+

So here's the thing.  I've been vaguely aware of the Power Rangers for years but, debuting in '93, it was definitely "after my time."  So I went into this spin-off (filed under the N's at my library) nearly blind and found it kind of likable, in a cheesy, faux-'80s (lots of "dude" and "awesome") way.  The special effects are I imagine better than in the original and yet, I still felt almost like I was watching Isis or Shazam! in my youth and, yes, that's sort of a compliment.  I didn't fall in love with this show, but I'm up for at least another couple episodes, if only to see more of the guinea pig sensei.

Regular cast:

  • Katrina Browne as Kapri
  • Jason Chan as Cameron "Cam'"Watanabe
  • Katrina Devine as Marah
  • Bruce Hopkins as the voice of Choobo
  • Pua Magasiva as Shane Clarke AKA Red Wind Ranger
  • Sally Martin as Tori Hanson AKA Blue Wind Ranger
  • Grant McFarland as Lothor and Sensei Kanoi Watanabe
  • Glenn McMillan as Waldo "Dustin" Brooks AKA Yellow Wind Ranger
  • Megan Nicol as Kelly Halloway
  • Craig Parker as Blue Face
  • Peter Rowley as Zurgane

Also, Nicholas Mans is Boy here but will be Person #1 later.  This is one of only two episodes producer Douglas Sloan wrote and one of only two Koichi Sakamoto directed.

Comments

Popular Posts