My Uncle Silas: The Wedding

Image result for My Uncle Silas: The Wedding
Yes, I side with the scandalised aunts.
My Uncle Silas: The Wedding
BBC
28 October 2001
Historical Comedy
DVD
C-

I might've gone with a C for this first episode, since the scenery is of course lovely, but not only are we supposed to be charmed by the lecherous, alcoholic title character, but we're not supposed to be creeped out by him dancing late into the (wedding) night with his lovely 19-year-old new daughter-in-law, who apparently reminds him of his wife.  His son, perhaps drunkenly, is up on a tire swing, seemingly unconcerned.  This is set around 1900 and has more comedic than dramatic elements, so "historical comedy," although not funny to me.

This series is based on the short stories of H. E. Bates.  Philip Saville directed.

Comments

Popular Posts