Arthur: D.W. the Copycat

Image result for Arthur: D.W. the CopycatArthur: D.W. the Copycat
PBS
October 7, 1996
Children's
DVD
C+

This is half of the fifth episode of the first season, packaged on a set with a theme of "Brothers and Sisters."  Arthur's annoying sister D.W., as the title suggests, starts copying him, although there's sort of a twist at the end.  Arthur was after my time, kind of, in that I wasn't aware of the Marc Brown books growing up, although the first picture book came out when I was 8.  I caught episodes of the TV series occasionally as an adult and found it OK.  Note that Arthur (voiced by Michael Yarmush) is himself supposed to be 8 and I guess D.W. (voiced by Michael Caloz) is about 5, but they always seem older to me, like 12 and 8.  Then again, they're anthropomorphic aardvarks, so who knows.  Also, they have a dog as a pet, which takes us into Mickey Mouse & Pluto territory.

Comments

Popular Posts