Downton Abbey: Episode 2.6

Image result for Downton Abbey: Episode 2.6Downton Abbey: Episode 2.6
ITV
5 February 2012
Historical Drama
DVD
C-


I really disliked the plot where an impostor, conveniently disfigured, shows up and claims to be Patrick Crawley, the young heir who disappeared off The Titanic, yes, six and a half years ago.  (We're now in the Fall of '18, and Armistice Day closes out the episode.)  Not only is he unpleasant to look at, but he doesn't just try to be declared heir with no real claim; he manipulates poor Edith, who's had enough bad luck with men.  I didn't care for any of the other plots either though, and while it was mildly amusing to see Violet outmaneuver Isobel, I can't see Mrs. Crawley going off to help refugees when her son obviously needs her.  Also, the servants are still trying to tell Daisy she was right to marry William on his deathbed!  I really hope the show pulls out of its decline, or I won't watch Season Three.

Comments

Popular Posts