The Dean Martin Celebrity Roast: Frank Sinatra

Image result for The Dean Martin Celebrity Roast: Frank SinatraThe Dean Martin Celebrity Roast: Frank Sinatra
NBC
February 7, 1978
Comedy
DVD
D+

I made it through 15 minutes of this unfunny and at times offensive (like Dean's joke about Frank "attacking a cocktail waitress") time capsule.  I'm just going to go ahead and tag as many of the celebrities I saw as I can*, because even the ones I didn't hear speak were laughing uproariously at things like then ex-Governor Reagan's remarks on what Sinatra would be like as President.  Falk appears as Columbo and stretches out a one-joke premise about raincoats into several minutes.  And, yes, this is over a quarter century after Martin was on The Colgate Hour with Jerry Lewis.

*Because of the limit of tags, I'm omitting Ernest Borgnine, Red Buttons, Redd Foxx, Don Rickles, LaWanda Page, Telly Savalas, and Flip Wilson.

Comments

Popular Posts