Do Not Adjust Your Set: Episode 1.2

Image result for Do Not Adjust Your Set: Episode 1Do Not Adjust Your Set: Episode 1.2*
ITV
4 January 1968
Children's, Sketch Comedy
DVD
B-

This proto-Monty-Python was meant to be a children's programme but caught on with adults.  This does not explain why Eric Idle is discreetly nude, but do you need a reason?  I laughed a couple times, at the "stool pigeon" sketch, but not being a Python fan, I don't really need to see their absurd humour aimed at the kiddies.  I would've gone with a C or C+, but I am a Bonzo DDDB fan and I was delighted to see their rendition of "Monster Mash."  Note that the female director, Shadwell, was already a TV veteran at this point.  And, yep, there's a Sgt. Pepper reference.

*Some of the episodes are lost.  IMDB counts this as the second episode, but it's "Episode 1" on the DVD collection.

Comments

Popular Posts