Doc Martin [TV-Movie]

Image result for Doc Martin [TV-Movie]Doc Martin [TV-Movie]
ITV
2001
Mystery?
DVD
C

I know that IMDB has this as a comedy and I kept hearing (for over a decade) how funny Doc Martin was, but, one, I didn't laugh, and two, after half an hour, I have no idea what genre this is.  I'm sort of going with mystery, because hints were dropped about various things but shrug.  I didn't care about the main character or anyone else, but the Cornish scenery was nice, so that boosted this to a C.  Note that Martin Clunes played Barmy on Jeeves and Wooster a decade earlier but was always a background character and never got his own plot.

Ben Bolt directed this and the other TV-movie, as well as it looks like much if not all of the regular programme that these inspired.

Comments

Popular Posts