VeggieTales: Saint Nicholas - A Story of Joyful Living!

Image result for VeggieTales: Saint Nicholas - A Story of Joyful Living!
VeggieTales: Saint Nicholas - A Story of Joyful Living!
Direct to DVD
October 6, 2009
Fantasy, Children's, Religious
DVD
D+

I'm sorry I had a lot of trouble suspending my disbelief with this one, mostly due to the talking and singing vegetables not having limbs and somehow levitating objects, and eating fish?*  And we learn that Santa was an ancient Greek whose parents were good Christians, but they died and he was left in the custody of a fisherman who makes pop-cultural jokes that wouldn't be understood then, or by 21st-century children, like "I'll just be sitting on the dock of the bay, wasting time."  Brian Roberts directed. 

*This is the 100th show on this blog that I've tagged as "fantasy."

Comments

Popular Posts