Will & Grace: 11 Years Later

Image result for Will & Grace: 11 Years LaterWill & Grace: 11 Years Later
NBC
September 28, 2017
Sitcom
DVD
D+


I never watched the original series, although I knew of it of course, so I found this "revival" very in-joky.  It also has a lot of jabs against Trump that have already dated badly.  (And I still laugh at Melissa McCarthy as Sean Spicer, or older Randy Rainbow music videos, so it's not just that it's been a long two years.)  Beyond that, I never felt like these were real people, even by sitcom standards, especially when the title characters have a pillow fight in the Oval Office.  I mean, they're about 50 years old and they're supposed to be calling each other out on hypocrisy, but it doesn't even work as slapstick.

Veteran director James Burrows worked on the original series as well.

Comments

Popular Posts