Rocko's Modern Life: No Pain, No Gain/ Who Gives a Buck?

Image result for Rocko's Modern Life: No Pain, No Gain/ Who Gives a Buck?Rocko's Modern Life: No Pain, No Gain/ Who Gives a Buck?
Nickelodeon
November 14, 1993
Cartoon
DVD
D+

Well, at least this was better than Ren & Stimpy.  I'd probably go with a D for the first half and a C- for the second, since the "exercise" part is grosser, including, I'm not making this up, a set of Deliverance jokes.  And the part with credit cards is vaguely satirical.  Note that this may be "modern," but before I checked the dates, I swore this was early Bush I era, '89 or '90, based on the music and design.

Tom Kenny voices the sidekick, "Heffer," among other characters.  Richard Simmons voices the Aerobics Instructor, who's clearly physically modeled on him.  There are four directors: Berglund, Chiasson, Murray, and Spencer.

Comments

Popular Posts