Rusty Rivets: Rusty's Rex Rescue

Image result for Rusty Rivets: Rusty's Rex RescueRusty Rivets: Rusty's Rex Rescue
Nickelodeon
August 22, 2016
Children's, Sci-Fi
DVD
C

I liked this more than I expected.  I mean, not enough to watch more than one twelve-minute episode but it's better than a lot of other kids' shows I've watched for this project.  It has that bland modern CGI look, like on Doc McStuffins, although here the black girl is the sidekick rather than the lead.  I was pleasantly surprised that there's actually, I don't know, character development, not just for Rusty and Ruby but for their littler-kid friend Liam.  There is of course the gee-whiz tech worship that I find a bit boring, whether here or in Tom Swift (except when parodied in M. T. Anderson's Thrilling Tales of course), but at least it's not over the top, like in Blaze and the Monster Machines.

Brad Ferguson directed.

Comments

Popular Posts