Broadchurch: Episode 1.2

Image result for Broadchurch: Episode 1.2Broadchurch: Episode 1.2
ITV
14 August 2013
Crime Drama
DVD
B+

Not only did I laugh out loud a few times, including about the "reluctant psychic," but I felt like we learned more about the characters, particularly Danny's mother and sister.  My prediction that Danny's father would be a major suspect has proved correct, although he's probably a red herring since this comes up so early on.  I wonder if Danny did in fact commit suicide and then framed someone, maybe his father.  I'm more drawn in than ever, and I like that not only do we get to see more of the Alec & Ellie dynamic, but we see even things like how the local hotel staff interacts.  The town turns out to have a population of 15,000 but it feels a tenth of that, considering how interwoven the stories are.  I'm definitely looking forward to more.

Boyd Rogers is Paparazzi here but would be a Removal Man in the next series.  Ajaz Aslam makes his first of three appearances as DCI (Detective Chief Inspector) Nish Desai, Bill Fellows his first of three as Laurie, Marcus Garvey his first of four as Pete Lawson, and Sanchia McCormack her first of four as Nicky Smith.

Comments

Popular Posts