Shetland: Episode 3.5

Image result for Shetland: Episode 3.5Shetland: Episode 3.5
BBC One
19 February 2016
Crime Drama
DVD
C-

Well, it turns out, in this episode again written by Chiappe & Murphy, that Tosh wasn't just kidnapped but raped.  She feels ashamed, particularly because she's a policewoman and "should've known better."  The episode also deals with how this crime affects Jimmy, at first the only one she confides in.  I'm trying to gauge my reaction, if I'm just annoyed that the writers would do this to such a likable character as Tosh, or if I'm also bothered that it's being used for "character growth" for the male protagonist.  I do appreciate that the aftermath of the rape is handled in a non-exploitative way, so I won't go lower on the grade.  I will note that I'm also not sure how I feel about Jimmy's boss's girlfriend turning out to be the mother of a different rapist, but we'll see how things wrap up in the final episode.

Comments

Popular Posts