The Simpsons: Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire

Image result for The Simpsons: Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire
My reaction wasn't as extreme.
The Simpsons: Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire
Fox
December 17, 1989
Cartoon, Sitcom
DVD
C

This is the first episode of the now almost 30-year-old series and I found it more interesting than funny.  The thing about The Simpsons and me is that I first saw the family in little segments on The Tracey Ullman Show and thought the shorts were uneven but OK.  When the shorts expanded to a series in its own right, I watched for a few years, never a big fan but I thought it had its moments.  And of course, even if I hadn't watched, the show is so much in the zeitgeist, I think I still would've had moments today of thinking things like Ah, Flanders before he was Flanderized.  Anyway, on its own terms, this episode was uneven but OK.  I'm tagging the voice cast that I've actually seen elsewhere.  (Not that the voice cast is very big in the beginning.)

Mimi Pond wrote this episode but not much else of anything, while David Silverman would direct 32 more Simpsons episodes.

Comments

Popular Posts