Mister Ed: The Wonderful World of Wilbur Pope

Mister Ed: The Wonderful World of Wilbur Pope
1958
Sitcom
DVD
C-

This is the unsold pilot, with no recognizable cast except for Allan Lane as the voice of Ed.  The Popes are a lot more demonstrative couple than the Posts would be, even after eight years of marriage, although I did dock this from a C for the scene where Wilbur drags Carlotta by the hand out to the barn to hear Ed talk.  It's also surprising how much the neighbors figure into this, even getting parts of scenes without the Popes.  The canned audience seems really hyped even for the time, although I didn't dock the episode for that.  Note that if my library actually has Mister Ed on the shelf when I get to the M's, I will give it at least one more shot, since these two episodes aren't exactly typical for the series.


Image result for Mister Ed: The Wonderful World of Wilbur Pope

Comments

Popular Posts