Monk: Mr. Monk's Favorite Show

Image result for Monk: Mr. Monk's Favorite Show
I didn't stay tuned this long, but this isn't
 exactly Day By Day level homage/parody.
Monk: Mr. Monk's Favorite Show
USA Network
August 7, 2009
Mystery, Comedy
DVD
C

In this premiere for the eighth and final season, the twitchy detective becomes the bodyguard of an actress roughly equivalent to Maureen McCormick: the grown-up child star of the '70s sitcom The Cooper Clan, who's just written a shocking tell-allI found the parody neither hilarious nor cringey, just sort of there.  Randy Zisk directed 34 other Monk episodes.  I'm going with "mystery" rather than "crime drama" as a tag, because, one, there are definitely comedic elements, and two, the only crime I saw was a car-bombing with no victims.  (When I say "crime drama," I usually mean gritty murder.)

Comments

Popular Posts