The Mary Tyler Moore Show: We Closed in Minneapolis

Image result for The Mary Tyler Moore Show: We Closed in MinneapolisThe Mary Tyler Moore Show: We Closed in Minneapolis
CBS
January 30, 1971
Sitcom
DVD
B

This episode written by Gail Parent and Kenny Solms (the only one either of them did for MTM) is the funniest so far, with Mary and Ted sort of playing themselves in a local production of Murray's play set in a newsroom.  I know what I said about telling rather than showing, and I wish that we had actually gotten a chance to see some of the play (as we would on a similar episode of The Bob Newhart Show), but I feel like this episode is fun and clever enough to get away with it.  A couple things of note: Ted doesn't remember meeting Rhoda, and Marie is very pregnant, I think they said the eighth month.

Comments

Popular Posts