Mad Men: 5G

Image result for Mad Men: 5G
Mad Men: 5G
AMC
August 16, 2007
Historical Drama
DVD
C

Creator Matthew Weiner wrote this story that fills in some of the backstory on Don Draper, as Don's brother shows up and Don bribes him with $5000 to go away.  Meanwhile, Pete tries to pimp out his wife to get a story published, and Don's girlfriend calls him at the office, asking him to come over, "ravage her, and leave her for dead."  I'm done with this show.  I acknowledge that it's well-made and generally (Jones of course excepted) well-acted.  But I can't accept or at least not be entertained by its bleak view of humanity.  Oh, and one more thing: I said this on some of my 30 Rock reviews on my previous blog, but Jon Hamm is homely and I find it really hard to believe that almost everyone thinks he's handsome, even more so here, where it's such an important part of his character.

Lesli Linka Glatter also directed the Gilmore Girls pilot.  This is the 100th historical drama I've reviewed.

Comments

Popular Posts