Emily of New Moon: Eye of Heaven

Image result for Emily of New Moon: Eye of HeavenEmily of New Moon: Eye of Heaven
CBC
4 January 1998
Historical Drama
DVD
C-

This is based on an L. M. Montgomery series that was once recommended to me by someone whose opinion I highly disrespect.  So I can't tell you how accurate the show is, but I can say that it's far below the quality of the 1985 Anne of Green Gables adaptation, reviewed here:
https://reviewingeverytvshowiown.blogspot.com/2016/12/anne-of-green-gables-part-1.html.
The acting, not just by the children, is wooden and I found the opening scenes to be real downers, from the dead and then ghostly mother to the abusive teacher.  I would've gone with a D+, but it least it had a cute kitten.  (Judging by an IMDB review from someone who watched more than 15 minutes, the kitten doesn't stick around, and who could blame it?)

George Bloomfield would direct one more episode.

Comments

Popular Posts