Everybody Loves Raymond: The Ball

Image result for Everybody Loves Raymond: The BallEverybody Loves Raymond: The Ball
CBS
December 20, 1996
Sitcom
DVD
B-

This Bruce Kirschbaum story, one of two, is not only the best in awhile but I was actually leaning towards a B, although the slapstick at the end was not the right way to lighten the sentimental closing scene.  Ray finds out that the baseball signed by Mickey Mantle, which he's always treasured and which inspired him to become a sports writer, is a fake.  He decides he won't lie to his kids but feels conflicted when five-year-old Ally has questions about Santa.  I found the writing not only smarter but funnier, like the Klingon line and Ray bringing up that all their kids are blond.  If the series develops in this direction, I'll be pleased, but I won't get my hopes up.

Andy Kindler returns as Andy.

Comments

Popular Posts