A Child's Christmas in Wales

Image result for a child's christmas in walesA Child's Christmas in Wales
PBS?
December 23, 1987
Historical Drama
DVD
B-

Denholm Elliott plays a grandfather who tells tales of his long-ago (I'm going to say Edwardian) childhood in this adaptation of the prose piece by Dylan Thomas.  There's a gentle, magical quality to Wales in December, like the way the snow falls on the shore.  I wasn't dazzled all through but it held my interest.  And, yes, since we're in the Cs, expect more Christmas shows in June.

Don McBrearty directed this and there's a chance we'll see some of his other work.  Note that I'm not positive this is from PBS but that seems most likely.  And the genre is a bit uncertain.  It's definitely historical, but there are certainly comedic elements here.  And I don't think it's "children's" although a family could certainly watch it together.

Comments

Popular Posts