Get Smart: School Days

Image result for Get Smart: School DaysGet Smart: School Days
NBC
October 2, 1965
Sitcom
DVD
C

This story by Stan Burns (his first of twelve) and Mike Marmer (his first of fifteen) is just sort of there.  I didn't laugh but it didn't offend me.  Max and 99 again almost kiss but it's not acknowledged in the script, just coming out of nowhere.  I also want to note that there's more smoking (cigarettes) than I'm used to in a mid-'60s sitcom, I assume because they're spies.  Oh, and Fang is as bad an actor as Mel Brooks and Barbara Feldon say in their comments, but he seems like the kind of dog Max would have: bumbling and yet heroic.

Byron Morrow is Dean Watson but would later play two other roles.  Philip Roth, who's Dimitri here, would later be Little Man, while Henry Brandon is Zukor here but would be Belasco later.  And Robert Karvelas, Don Adams's cousin, makes his first of 94 appearances as Larrabee (sometimes Larabee).  Oddly enough, Edward Platt is absent.

This is the 100th sitcom episode for this project, but my library's television collection is very different from my own.

Comments

Popular Posts