Galactica 1980: Galactica Discovers Earth, Part 1

Image result for Galactica 1980: Galactica Discovers Earth, Part 1Galactica 1980: Galactica Discovers Earth, Part 1
ABC
January 27, 1980
Sci-Fi
DVD
C

I was aware of this show at the time, and its predecessor, the original Battlestar Galactica, but, other than Universal Studios tours whenever relatives visited us from out of state, I didn't pay either series much attention.  I wasn't into sci-fi, and Robbie Rist was Cousin Oliver to me (and Ted Baxter's adopted son and a few other roles on sitcoms), not Dr. Zee.  So watching the first half of the first episode now, it took me several minutes to get over the cheesiness and then just accept that the show was dull.  The acting is flat either way.  But at least this isn't infuriating like the BG remake.

I'm tagging Rist's Brady costar and namesake Mr. Reed because he is in the preview at the beginning of the episode.  Lorne Greene we of course haven't seen on this blog since Bonanza.  Creator Glen A. Larson wrote this episode and most of the rest of the ten-episode season.  Sidney Hayers directed Parts 2 and 3 as well.

Comments

Popular Posts