F Troop: Scourge of the West




Image result for F Troop: Scourge of the WestF Troop: Scourge of the West
ABC
September 14, 1965
Historical Comedy
DVD
C

I grew up watching this show in syndication, child of the '70s that I was, and while I certainly enjoyed it at the time, I don't think it entered my consciousness a tenth as much as its contemporary Gilligan's Island.  Watching it now, possibly for the first time in 30 years, I had trouble getting my bearings.  Where's the theme song?  (Second episode.)  Where's the color?  (Second season.)  Why is so much of this episode about fighting Indians?  (I don't know, but I guess the producers were getting their bearings, too.)  I liked seeing everyone, including then 79-year-old Mr. Horton as Roaring Chicken, and the lovely Melody Patterson (whom I'm not tagging because she honestly didn't appear in much else), but I didn't feel like they were given much to do.  It's tempting to keep going, to see what I remember and what I don't.  But rules are rules, and I can't say there's a classic episode I have to keep going for.

(As for the rule of alphabetization, my library sometimes puts this at the beginning of the Fs but I found it as if it were all run together, Ftroop.)

Charles R. Rondeau directed this and eighteen other episodes.


Image result for F Troop: Scourge of the WestImage result for F Troop: Scourge of the West

Comments

Popular Posts