The Great British Baking Show: The Final [Series Three]

Image result for The Great British Baking Show: The Final season 3The Great British Baking Show: The Final
BBC Two
2015*
Reality Television, Cooking
DVD
B-

To be honest, I didn't find the first two rounds all that interesting, but the last part, with stunning cakes and moving stories, works quite well.  Tamal became my favourite early on, possibly on his first episode, but I also recognise that this series has mostly been about Nadiya's journey from 12th in the Technical Round to the grand prize winner, gaining in confidence, and always maintaining her sense of humour.  It's not surprising to find out that she's become a role model and celebrity since her debut on GBBS.  

Series Three [or Six, see below] again ranges from C+ to B, but mostly gets B-s, so the average is of course B-.  I'd be happy to watch more of it someday, but I do want to note that as a non-baker, it's weird how little of the joy of cooking comes through.  I suppose these are very stressful situations, but even when the bakers are praised, they look more worried than happy.


*Well, it looks like the series/seasons are numbered in a confusing way.  I guess when it went from Bake-Off in the UK to Baking Show in America, they dropped the first three batches.

Comments

Popular Posts